How Can You Help?
Volunteers are vital to the ministry at MAPS. Volunteers provide support in all areas of the ministry – we couldn’t exist without them. IS GOD CALLING YOU TO HELP?
Contact us - One of our team will meet with you to help you find YOUR ROLE in this life-affirming ministry.
Client Care - These volunteers minister directly to client seeking assistance.
- Client Advocate - peer counselors who meet one-on-one with the client.
- Medical team - perform pregnancy tests, provide clients with medical information, and follow-up to assure clients are in medical care. Some members have undergone specialized training and certification to perform ultrasounds.
- Grief Care Facilitator/Navigator – Facilitate our post abortion and pregnancy loss small group studies and provide customized support to families facing a devastating diagnosis in our Eva’s Footprints program.
- Receptionist – welcome all who come to the center, answer phones and schedule appointments. This front line person sets the tone for the entire visit!
WE WILL TRAIN YOU!
Training is designed specifically to address the needs of those facing an unplanned pregnancy or unplanned pregnancy outcome. Your training plan will be matched to your interest, your background, and your schedule.
Operations Support - These functions indirectly support the ministry. They do not have direct client contact but are mission critical.
- Board/committees – MAPS, as a 501C3, operates under the authority of a Board of Directors. Our Board seeks input from committees with certain areas of expertise (ex. Finance)
- Maintenance – Needs range from facility cleaning and repair, to computer systems and marketing.
- Special Projects – these needs are continually changing. Contact us if you are your group would like to take on a project.
Ministry Outreach – These roles provide critical connections with the community
- Prayer Partner - prayer warriors cover the ministry and pray for special needs of our clients, our donors, and our ministry team.
- Church Liaison - liaisons are the key contact between the church body and MAPS keeping their church informed about what is happening in the ministry and about special events.
- Dinner Host – invite a small group to your home for a fellowship meal and to learn about MAPS.